If you suspect that you're a victim of a scam, here are the steps that we strongly encourage you to take:
- Get in touch with all your banking providers to freeze your accounts, and change login credentials of compromised accounts immediately. Regardless of whether you suspect an account is compromised, change your login credentials to prevent possible incidents.
- Do a check on your financial activity. Request for information on any account opening or transactions that may have happened during the time frame of the breach. Freeze any accounts opened without your permission, or any of your existing accounts where any unauthorized activity may have taken place.
- File a report on the Singapore Police Force website here. This is an important step you must do so they can initiate an investigation.
- If you believe your Xfers account was created in relation to the potential scam incident, please report it to us by filling this form and we will contact you for further investigation.
- To help prevent potential victims, file a Scam Incident report on https://www.scamalert.sg/.